I am guilty of having the mommy guilt bug. Mommy guilt can really weigh a girl down. Most of the time the guilt is a big ball of inadequacy that sits in my chest, so I ignore it and pretend it doesn’t exist. Recently I tried to quantify that big ball so that I could do something about it. Not ashamed to admit that I cried a little when I put the guilt I feel into coherent thoughts. Maybe quantifying it will help me banish the guilt to a place where the sun doesn’t shine. Let’s face it; most of this stuff isn’t as important as we make it out to be. Right?
- My house seems to be in chaos no matter what I do. Why is there constantly clutter everywhere!
- We moved over a year ago and I have no paint on the walls and no pictures up. It feels more like a rental than a home.
- I haven’t lost all of the baby 2 weight.
- I need new clothes to look really put together, but I don’t want to buy them because of #3.
- We need to eat more veggies. I try to always have veggies at every meal, but usually it is only one instead of most of the plate. AHHH.
- We eat out more often than I would like. I enjoy cooking at home and I love making healthy food for the kids, but once or twice a week I just don’t want to clean up the mess required of cooking. Instead I just want to eat quickly, play with the boys and go to bed.
- I need more sleep so I compensate by drinking coffee and soda. Horrible habit and does not help #3 at all.
- I need to work out. My routine was totally derailed by Baby C2s ear troubles and since they continue my work outs continue to be sporadic. Did I mention all I want to do is sleep?
- I use to make sure H had organic meat that corresponded with his school lunch. Now I am luck if I remember to pick up his organic milk.
- I don’t spend as much time with the hubby & I like him so I would like to spend more time with him.
I think writing it down made me feel a little better. I want to be the best mommy I can be for my boys. They are healthy, happy, loved and taken good care of. In the grand scheme of things that is what matters most.
What weighs you down? What insecurities do you need to banish? Let’s get rid of the guilt together!
Peace, Love & Banishing Insecurities,
Image Credit: Kidsloveacupuncture.com