As women, somewhere along the way, we have either (1) developed the notion that we CAN have it all or (2) decided that we WANT it all. Well, I have come to the conclusion that I no longer want it all. Now, I am also very aware that it depends on what “it all” is.
● To be a great wife
● To be the perfect mother
● To be a top-performing employee or successful entrepreneur
● To be a wealthy woman
● To be a fashionista
● To be a (America’s Next) top model
● To be young forever
● To be everyone’s best friend
● To be the next Martha Stewart
● To be a “Top Chef”
● To be the cleanest housekeeper
● To be a master crafter
Have I missed anything?
I have determined that the following are all I can handle at this time:
● To love the Lord, my God, with all my heart, mind and soul
● To be a virtuous wife
● To be a caring, loving and patient mother
● To faithfully serve my community
● To be a top-performing employee
What is your “it all”?
Until next time-
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2 NIV)
Image credit: www.balancedwellness.co.uk, www.hopecenterpartners.org