I am sure many of you are like me, always looking for great deals. Many of us search Craigslist, among other websites, for those deals. Craigslist can be a great place to find good deals on gently used baby/kid clothes, furniture and toys. However, recently I have heard numerous stories of Craigslist buyers being attacked when they meet sellers to purchase items. Unfortunately, the most recent incident is that of a pregnant woman, Michelle Wilkins, who went to a seller’s home to purchase baby clothes for her unborn child. After being lured to the basement, the seller cut her stomach open and stole the unborn child. Read the news story here. What…is…this…world…coming…to?!?! Moms, please be careful as you shop online websites for deals!
Follow these safety measures to protect yourself and your family:
- ALWAYS meet the seller in a public place with a lot of traffic.
- NEVER reveal your home address or personal information to the seller.
- DO NOT take your children with you when meeting sellers.
- ALWAYS take another adult with you when meeting sellers.
- ALWAYS tell a family member or close friend where you are going and who you are going to meet.
- ALWAYS trust your gut. If the situation or person seems suspect, LEAVE.
Please keep Michelle Wilkins in your prayers! I can’t imagine…
Until next time-
“But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents,ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.” (2 Timothy 3:1-5)