As Madea would say, “Good mornting!” It’s Monday morning and I am feeling some type of way. Translation: Something is off. So, in an effort to motivate myself, I hope you are motivated as well.
While many workers, in general, dread Mondays, I am grateful that I no longer do. I must admit that there was a long stretch of time in my career when I did, but that pretty much ended when I made a big career change several years ago. Having a career that you enjoy really impacts how you feel on Mondays, or Sunday night for that matter. Now, sometimes I don’t look forward to Mondays because the kids are going back to school, so that means there will be assignments and projects to work on. Our boys are also involved in sports and Scouting, so that means traveling to practices and meetings. So, my work doesn’t end at 5pm. I don’t get off until…NEVER!
I have found that the best way to motivate yourself is to think of all the things that are going well in your life. Thinking about all of the things, people, and circumstances that you are thankful for helps give you some get up and go. So, here’s the motivational part:
1. I thank God for loving me so, that He sent his Son to die for my sins so I could have eternal life!
2. I thank God for a husband to love and support, who loves me back!
3. I thank God for children to love and raise, who love me back!
4. I thank God for extended family to love and make memories with!
5. I thank God for friends who are there through thick and thin!
6. I thank God for a career I enjoy and am passionate about!
7. I thank God for a home, plenty of food to eat, more clothing than I need, transportation and many other pleasures of life!
8. I thank God for a loving and supportive church family!
9. I thank God for the opportunity to be able to share with and learn from this community of “working” moms each day!
10. I thank God for life, health and strength!
Until next time-
“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NIV)